When a couple makes the decision to divorce, or to terminate their marriage, The Law Office of Karen D. Faulkner takes these matters very seriously. Fort Lauderdale Divorce Attorney, Karen D. Faulkner, works at dissolving a marriage in accordance to Florida statutes and makes the process of divorce as stress free as possible. In many divorce cases, the custody, visitation, and support of children serve as a primary concern. The protection of your and your children’s rights are held to the highest importance when our attorneys develop a personalized strategy for your case.
Do I need a divorce attorney?
Legal matters pertaining to the family can be very confusing and difficult to understand. Florida statutes and laws can affect the outcome of your divorce, so it is important to rightfully abide by them. With consultation from an experienced divorce attorney, your rights and needs will be handled professionally and attentively. Karen D. Faulkner is an experienced divorce attorney that can help you win your divorce case.
With more than 20 years of experience in family law cases, our attorneys know that each and every divorce case is different. We provide personal and professional legal representation to support you in all of your legal needs. Our practice has successfully won cases in divorce including cases concerning:
How Does My Divorce Attorney Assess My Case?
During the initial consultation with a client, your attorney will ask the client a series of questions, to include but not limited to the following questions::
1. How many years married to your spouse?
2. Do you and your spouse own a home purchased during the marriage?
3. Do either of you want to keep the house or do you want to sell it?
4. Are you and your spouse both employed?
5. Are either you or your spouse presently under-employed based upon your work history and level of education?
6. What is your gross annual income and what is your spouse’s gross annual income?
7. Do you or your spouse have a pension or retirement plan?
8. Can you provide your attorney with a list of all assets acquired and all debts incurred during the marriage which assets and debts currently exist.?
9. Do you know how each asset and debt is titled, i.e., in your name alone, in your spouse’s name alone or in your joint names?
10. Will the children reside with you or your spouse or is this one of the issues?
11. Have you considered a proposed timesharing schedule that would work for you and your spouse and the children?
12. Is either party considering relocating out of the county or out of the state of Florida?
13. Has there been any substance abuse or domestic violence in your marriage?
14. Are you afraid of your spouse?
Once the above questions (and many more questions) are answered, your attorney will consider child support and alimony issues. Thereafter, your petition for dissolution of marriage (or response and counter-petition for dissolution of marriage) will be filed by your attorney, along with discovery requests, seeking financial information from your spouse. If your attorney suspect that the opposing party is not being truthful about his/her income and/or other financial resources, she will take all reasonable measures to locate the hidden assets and/or income by issuance of subpoenas to financial institutions, to the spouse’s employer and to other third parties. Further she will take the deposition of the opposing party and those individuals who may have knowledge of hidden assets and/or income of the spouse.
Once we obtain all necessary financial information during the course of litigation, we will work to settle the case, both before mediation and at mediation. Settlement usually happens in mediation in about 80% of the cases. If the case cannot be settled at mediation, i.e., there is an impasse, (the parties cannot reach an agreement) then we proceed to trial.
Contact Fort Lauderdale Divorce Attorney, Karen D. Faulkner, to schedule your confidential appointment by calling (954-772-3666) or through e-mail at email@example.com.
The Law Office of Karen D. Faulkner, P.A. | 2801 N. University Drive, Suite 203, Coral Springs, FL 33065 | Phone: 954-772-3666 Our Office Hours: | Monday through Friday | 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.