Florida Divorce Agreement Modifications Lawyer

Florida Custody Modification Attorney

After you and your spouse sign the marital settlement agreement, go to final hearing and obtain a final judgment of dissolution of marriage, this does not mean that there can never be changes or modifications to the agreement.  If after the divorce you or your spouse want to modify child custody, parental responsibility, child support, alimony, or visitation and timesharing, we are here to assist you in meeting that goal.

The most common changes or modifications requested are for an upward or downward modification of child support and alimony.  These changes are requested when there is a loss of a job or reduction in income or one party desires to go back to school with the goal of improving his/her earning ability.

It is also quite common that parties wish to change custody and parental responsibility because something significant has happened in their lives or the lives of the minor children.  Some examples of changes which might be amenable to modification of a divorce decree are:

  • Parental relocation
  • A child’s grades decreasing
  • A child failing in school
  • Remarriage
  • A medical condition of a child

Our Commitment to You

We at the Law Office of Karen D. Faulkner, P.A. will discuss with you the changes which have occurred in your life, your former spouse’s life and the children’s life since your divorce and will advise you of your options.  Together we will fashion a plan that best serves your needs.  You can depend on us to guide you in the direction that is right for you.

For more information or to schedule an appointment to discuss your case with an experienced family law modification attorney, please contact us at: (954) 772-3666 or email us at

The Law Office of Karen D. Faulkner, P.A. | 2801 N. University Drive, Suite 203, Coral Springs, FL 33065 | Phone: 954-772-3666
Our Office Hours: | Monday through Friday | 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.